Areas of research
- HF Radar Antenna Patterns from Ships of Opportunity
- Divergence from HF Radar Maps
- NOAA SBIR Phase II , 2011 (pg 14). HF Radar Calibration with Automatic Identification System Ships of Opportunity
- NOAA SBIR Phase I , 2010 (pg 18). Ocean Current Radar Calibration with Ships of Opportunity and the Automatic Identification System: Final Report
- HFRProgs Additions
- General Tools
- Drifter Data Analysis
- Antenna Pattern Analysis
- NCEP data Tools
- Ohlmann, J. C., J. H. LaCasce, L. Washburn, A. J. Mariano, and B. Emery (2012), Relative dispersion observations and trajectory modeling in the Santa Barbara Channel, J. Geophys. Res., 117, C05040, doi:10.1029/2011JC007810.
- Ohlmann, C., P. White, L. Washburn, E. Terrill, B. Emery and M. Otero, 2007, Interpretation of Coastal HF Radar Derived Surface Currents with High-Resolution Drifter Data, Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 24, 666-680, doi:10.1175/JTECH1998.1.
- Emery, B.M., L. Washburn, M. Love, M.M. Nishimoto, and J. C. Ohlmann, 2006, "Do oil and gas platforms off California reduce recruitment of bocaccio (Sebastes paucispinis) to natural habitat? An analysis based on trajectories derived from high frequency radar", Fisheries Bulletin, 104:391-400.
- Emery B.M., L. Washburn, and J.A. Harlan, 2004, " Evaluating Radial Current Measurements from CODAR High-Frequency Radars with Moored Current Meters", Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 21, 8, 1259-1271.
- Emery, B.M., L. Washburn, and J.A. Harlan, 2003, Evaluating radial component current measurements from CODAR high frequency radars and moored in situ current meters, Proceedings of the First International Radiowave Oceanography Workshop, Timberline Lodge, OR, 9-12 April.
- Washburn, L., E. H. Beckenbach, B. M. Emery, and J.A. Harlan, 2003, HF radar observations of surface currents in the vicinity of Pt. Conception California, Proceedings of the First International Radiowave Oceanography Workshop, Timberline Lodge, OR, 9-12 April.
- Emery, B. M., and S. MacIntyre, Expnding observations of mixing in Toolik Lake with the North American Regional Reanalysis, NSF Arctic LTER final report contribution, 2011
- Emery, B. M. and L. Washburn, Evaluation of SeaSonde Hardware Diagnostic Parameters as Performance Metrics (date and NOAA grant info)
- Emery B. M., K. E. Laws, L. Washburn, and J. D. Paduan, Error Characterization in High Frequency Radar Ocean Surface Current Observations (date and NOAA grant info)
- MacIntyre, S., J. P. Fram, Paul J. Kushner, and B. Emery, Effects of Large Scale Forcing on Thermal Regime and Mixing Dynamics of Lakes in the Alaskan Arctic ,LTER All Scientists Meeting, Estes Park, CO, September 2012.
- Emery, B., L. Washburn, D. Barrick, and C. Whelan, Antenna Patterns from AIS Ships of Opportunity,ROWG 5, April, 2011, Santa Barbara, CA
- MacIntyre, S., A. Jonsson, M. Jansson, J. Aberg, D. Turney, B. Emery, and S. Miller, Buoyancy Flux, Turbulence, and the Gas Transfer Coefficient in a Stratified Lake, AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA, December, 2010.
- Reams, E., C Johnson, B. Emery, and L Washburn, Liquid Cooling for a SeaSonde Transmitter, ROWG 3, Sept, 2007, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, San Diego, CA
- Johnson, C., B. Emery, and L Washburn, Custom Transmit Antennas for SeaSondes , ROWG 3, Sept, 2007, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, San Diego, CA
- Yu, G., B. Emery, and L Washburn, Effects of Antenna Pattern Smoothing on SeaSonde Radial Data, ROWG 3, Sept, 2007, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, San Diego, CA
- Washburn, L., B. Emery, C. Johnson, and C. Ohlmann, Oceanographic applications and developments in hardware and software using an array of high frequency radars in the Southern California Coastal Ocean Observing System, Radiowave Oceanography Workshop 10, September 26-29, 2010
- Emery, B., M. Nishimoto, L. Washburn, and M. Love, Do oil and gas platforms off California reduce recruitment of Bocaccio (Sebastes paucispinis) to natural habitat? An analysis based on trajectories derived from high frequency radar, ROWG 4, Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) June 2-4, 2009
- Emery, B., A Review of ROWG-2: Goals, Format, Attendance ROWG 3, Sept, 2007, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, San Diego, CA
- Steering Committee Member, Radiowave Operators Working Group (ROWG), 2004-present.
- Participant, Learning From Data, Machine Learning telecourse, California Institute of Technology, spring 2012.
- ROWG 5 Workshop Host, Santa Barbara, CA, 2011.
- HFR Operations Notes
- UCSB helps develop massive coastal radar network, Santa Barbara News Press, June 12, 2011
- Citation data from Google Scholar
Last modified: Sept 21, 2012